Saturday, February 1, 2020

Silence

Silence
The silence which I prayed for
is here around me.
Somedays I hate the same silence
which I longed for .
This is one of those days.
Yes I hate this silence around me.
I wish to here noise and sound
other than that I hear within me.
I want to cut the wires in my brain
to stop them from making those
annoying sounds.
I want the sound around me to
overpower the noise within me.
I dread this silence around me.
It makes me to run into the middle of the road
And just stand and listen to the noises
those running cars and buses make
without any break.
This silence makes me
listen to my inner voice beyond tolerance.
This silence creates a doubt about my existence.
The silence outside an operation theatre
the silence before an exam result
holds a ray of hope.
This silence around me creates a fear within me.
This silence isn't like the one I experience
while I stand before the God staring at his face and feet.
There is some consolation and reassurance there.
This is not like the silence after a fight with your loved one.
For it is sure after that there will be music around.
This silence forces me to hear to the voices within me.
Yes I hate this silence .
which has stolen my sleep.
Yes I hate this silence
which is making me more silent outside
and creating a tsunami inside .

No comments: