Friday, January 26, 2018

Before and After


Before and After



Drawing rangoli never stopped amusing me. For any religious ocassion I try my hands on it. Not that I am good at it. It brings back those nostalgic memories and gives me pleasure. How can the new year dawn without my rangoli? I drew a flower before anyone in the house woke up. The space at my entrance is very small . My greed doesnt let me do a small one. I try to utilize the whole space and my rangoli devours most of the space most of the time. I know it is difficult to get into the house and get out of the house. Still I want to exhibit my amateur talent. Same as every occassion this time also the rangoli occupied most of the space. Getting the shoes out of the shoe stand was a challenge for my husband and son. Somehow my rangoli survived a day . The next day morning when I opened the door for my son to leave for school I noticed that the news paper was on the rangoli. Thanks to the newspaper guy. The rangoli looked liked someone had played holi on it. Rishi saw me disappointed and said," Mama why don't you try to put the rangoli a little smaller. Since it is big it becomes a target for everyone."
If only I could learn how to frame my words like Rishi , half the issues would disappear in the house.
Putting across one's views and thoughts is not important . How we do it is what matters. Words can burn bridges . With a little polish they can build bridges too. Let's watch our words.......


No comments: