Saturday, September 8, 2018

The trail on my face!!

The trail on my face!!
Dark clouds spread across the sky.
Small droplets of rain falling on the ground.
Pleasant smell of grass mixed in the breeze.
Unfolded Umbrella held tight in one hand,
not to let it fly away.
A black handbag hanging from the shoulder,
held with the other hand to control its swing.
Footsteps kept with caution and care,
not to slip a bit or have a fall.
Same clouds , same rain, same smell of grass,
did I experience many many years back,
some time while cycling back home from school.
with one hand holding the hand bar
and the other hand wiping away the rain drops
that fell on my eyebrows and slid into my eyes.
The rain drops did wet my cheeks and chin.
Ran through my neck and wet me deep within.
Chatting along the way,
unmindful of the rain I cycled back home
with ease and no pain.
No fear of slipping or falling.
Same clouds, same rain, same smell of grass
did I experience ,
sometime while walking back home from school.
Books hugged tight and close to my chest
like when holding your loved ones with love and care.
Not to let them get wet and tear apart.
Where they held tight to keep them safe
Or to keep myself safe from prowling eyes?
Never did I care of getting wet or falling sick.
Walked along with friends joking and laughing.
Today When the floor is wet
My toes hold my slippers tight.
My eyes looks for non skid floors and tiles.
Each step is taken after much calculation.
My pace is slow and each step leaves a deep foot print.
My eyes look for pits and holes.
Wet leaves and flowers grab my attention,
warning me to walk with caution.
Is this some natural instinct or the over precaution
that comes with age?
My pace may be slow,
My steps may be deep,
But still I enjoy the trail that rain leaves on my face.........

No comments: